May 25, 2016

My Birthday Wishlist!

My birthday is on Sunday, but first of all, Happy Birthday to my grandpa who turns 91 today :)

I don't think I've ever shared a birthday wish list on the blog. Even offline, my wishlist usually consisted of gift cards to go shopping. My favorite store in my late teens/early twenties was Victoria's Secret - don't judge, lest ye be judged!!! That's a far cry from my tweens when all I wanted were Barbie dolls and other toys. I remember wondering why adults never got many presents and determined I would ALWAYS get lots of presents when I grew up. But I think as you get older, you either start wanting less or realizing that you don't need as much. Or maybe it's that you prefer quality over quantity, and so would rather save up for something more expensive that should last a longer time.


Well, I'm in no mood for shopping - as in, zero appeal to go anywhere or have anyone buy me anything. All I want are...
1. A Mini Spa Day - I don't know if it's all the walking we've had to do during this family vacation in the UK, but all I want is to relax. In my mind, the perfect present would be a gift card to a spa for a facial, full body massage, reflexology, steam bath or sauna session, and finishing off with a lovely cup of tea! I can already feel the stress leaving through my feet. Everyone breathe deeply and say, "aaaaahhhhhh."

2. Me Time - Normally I want to spend my birthday with lots of family and friends around. I like the attention I get on that day and relish answering birthday calls and messages. But I feel like I'm in a reflective space right now. I'm not where I thought I would be at this point in my life, and in some ways, I feel like I'm losing my essence and I need to recapture ME. In fact, if I could combine the first item with a hotel stay, it would be the absolute, best, perfectest way to spend my birthday! I may even be like some people who turn off their phones and go dark on social media.

Alas, this is simply a wishlist - wish, being the active word. We're back to Atlanta this weekend and there are 3 or 4 events I'm attending, soooooo alone time and spa day will have to come at a later time.

What is (or was) on your birthday wishlist this year?

23 comments:

  1. Thinking back, I've never had a wish list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How come? Is it that nobody ever asked you what you wanted? Or you wanted to be surprised :D

      Delete
  2. Hello and Happy Birthday to you and your Grandpa. Here's wishing you a memorable day filled with love and laughter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A Macbook!!!
    Some Makeup!
    A Soprano Sax!
    Some Photography Equipment!
    Memory Cards :)

    www.tukesquest.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My birthday is still far away but I like the idea of a spa trip. Though, honestly I'd love a vacation outside the country perhaps and ooo a new pair of high heels, a laptop, lol the list is endless.

    Princess Audu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A vacay sounds dreamy! My friend's husband took her to Milan for her birthday over the weekend. Such a fantastic idea :)

      Delete
  5. An iphone 6s 64GB space grey but i didn't get it and yesterday was my birthday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Happy Belated Birthday! Sorry you didn't get what you wanted. Maybe you can save up for it, or get it for Christmas?

      Delete
  6. Now emailing this to Cakes, re Spa. My birthday is still far away. Too early to think of a wishlist. But Reflecting is always good. Have a good birthday Berry!
    KacheeTee.com
    The Social Media Mrs: Taking your husbands Last name only on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  7. If only the material things we wish for could bring us true happiness....but anyways I don't mind a new car. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I cannot even with you right now.

      Delete
  8. Well I never really have much of a wish list and I can understand what you mean about wanting to have some me time on the day. That is what I did myself and most of my friends were surprised I did not have a party. I just went to the spa, had a chilled dinner with hubby, and that was it.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds lovely to me! Say hello to him for me :)

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. All these people with expensive wish lists... diaris God ooooooooo

      Delete
  10. I could use a spa day right now!
    I need a new kitchen, a new kitchen and a new kitchen. That's what I want for my birthday.

    precious blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL! Please as you're cooking, send them my way!

      Delete
  11. Happy birthday in arrears Berry!I just want a car.I finally got something off my wishlist recently so that is what my eyes are 'chooking' for now.lol
    www.cheecheelive.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! Ooh a car right now sounds great to me! What kind are you eyeing?

      Delete
  12. Happy berry birthday , hope you had loads of cakez and Tlc

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you about this post! Let's all learn and share our worlds.