February 2, 2016

Peach Lace

Hi there!

Today's style post comes courtesy of an old friend. We've known each other for at least 16 years, and when it was time for him to get married, he asked Cakes to do the honor of making their traditional wedding cake. I was especially thrilled to attend because it would be a mini-reunion of my university friends. There were a lot of hugs, smiles, laughter and genuine pleasure at seeing each other. Congrats to A and B!

The asoebi for the wedding was this beautiful delicate peach (it looks like peach to me) lace. Ordinarily, I would have made separates again, but being inspired by my Pink Lace and Silver Wrapping outfit, I decided to go for a blouse and wrapper.


The guys wore matching aso oke caps. Cakes made his in the fila style.




Have you guys noticed that I prefer not to tie a gele? The only times I agreed were for my wedding, my sister's wedding and my father-in-law's funeral. It's not that I don't think they're nice - it's just not my style. Besides I liked having my fro out for this wedding.





I'm beefing my tailor by the way, because he spoiled my material - luckily for him (and me), it's in a hidden spot.





Have I ever mentioned that I like art a lot? I'm the kind of person who, while driving down the road, wants to leave the car to take photos of all the sculptures I see. I may not be able to interpret what every art piece means, but I quite enjoy them. 


I don't think I knew about the Eyo Festival (Google it) before leaving Nigeria for university. I didn't grow up in Lagos, and the masquerades I used to see in Rivers State certainly didn't look like this one. But I think they're quite fascinating. Nigerian culture is very rich and I wish I had more time to explore.





Have a pretty day! xoxo

P.S. This was the cake from the Cakesiena Team


Call 08094263869 to place orders. Check out photos of this and other cakes on Instagram (Cakesiena) or on this page.

17 comments:

  1. I dont like the gele, its to hard - but i got this ready made gele its super easy - plus im willing to try the new icon gele- its really cool


    THE FASHION ENGINEER

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too re: hard. Do you mean the ones that are already pleated? I can't remember the name but I've seen them before. I don't think the new gele style will fit me. :(

      Delete
  2. Lovely colour, lovely style, beautiful as always. I admire it when people wear lovely traditional lace outfits, sadly I feel uncomfortable in them and my akaglue nature will think 2ce before spending on a lace material + the cost of sewing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was very lucky cos this was given to me without charge!!!

      Delete
  3. Your outfit looks nice and I am loving your hair.

    www.wurassecrethair.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. U both look lovely..... The cake is beautiful. Happy Married Life to A and B.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww!!!just seen this...we appreciate you guys!God bless you both.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice outfit, i don't like gele either as it gives me a headache.
    Loving the Fro!

    www.tukesquest.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That peach colour is everything... and you look absolutely stunning! The fro works for you.

    Precious Core Blog

    ReplyDelete
  8. You look Lovely. Shame to bad people @ your tailor. Lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooo! Love your outfit & the cake looks so nice and classy too. Lol at the bit when you said the tailor spoiled your material kmt

    www.djournae.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Peach is such a cute pastel hue.

    I like the combination of a wrapper with a pretty blouse. You could always convert the wrapper into a skirt later, if you like or even refashion the blouse into a dress. A clever tailor would know how to create that.

    I chuckled at your beef with your tailor, they have their up and down moments. He did a great job with the design of the blouse, I like it.

    Your afro gives the whole look a bohemian vibe, you look lovely.

    I love the monochrome cake, all white is always so elegant. Well done Team Cakesiena!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love that peach colored asoebi, looks great on your skin tone! Weddings are so great for one you get to watch 2 loved ones celebrate coming together as one but also serve as a great reunion to catch up with friends whom sometimes have not been seen in a while as in your case with your Uni friends!
    www.helloyvonne.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. The colour on your skin tone is lovely ... the afro is a beautiful headpiece by itself (who needs gele lol) and I love the touch you added with the neck piece. Beautiful! Love from MAHS.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. I LOVE THE ASOEBI, PEACH LOOKS SO GOOD ON YOU. LOVE THE MONOCHROME EFFECT WITH THE SHOES AS WELL AND THE CAKE IS JUST TOO FINE.
    WWW.DEEMAKO.COM

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you about this post! Let's all learn and share our worlds.